Best Quarantine Date Ideas for Different Stages of Relationship
Trying to stay connected with people has never been harder than it is right now. Finding romantic partners, having a first date, or keeping your spouse engaged in the relationship are all difficult to do when you can’t take part in any normal dates. With that in mind, we’re going to show you the very best quarantine date ideas for every step of your quarantined relationship!
Ideas for Virtual Dating
According to the NY Times, virtual dating is the new norm, and it will likely continue long after the quarantines have ended. As such, you have to consider the different date ideas that people have come up with over the last year. It all starts with using the best dating services to host your dates. You must use trusted, highly reliable, safe dating sites that will maintain your privacy with your partner. When you have found the right site or the right apps to help your dates take place, you should consider some of the following ideas:
- Watching an older concert together:
- If you both love the same music, this can cement your relationship and let you two feel the vibes.
- Watch a movie together:
- There are tons of apps that allow you and a partner to simultaneously watch a program while chatting with your partner.
- Go take a virtual tour:
- More and more places are allowing people to see their museums or other tourist areas through digital means. Take a tour with your romantic partner!
These are just some of the digital dating ideas that you can take part in when you are in quarantine. You’ll find many more!
First dates are stressful because you only get a single one. That means it has to be perfect while accentuating your best parts. So, if you are in quarantine, then it’s a safe bet to assume that you and your date will not be in the same place at the same time. These are some of the ideas that you can use when trying to have a first date.
- Cook food for both of you and then hand it off with social distancing in place:
- Who says you can’t have dinner with your date in a safe place? Whip up a dish in your kitchen and deliver it to your date. Then sit apart from each other, eat, and talk. You can be safe!
- Watching a movie together, apart:
- It’s the same ideas as mentioned above. Pop in a movie, have a video chat going, and watch it together to talk with one another!
- Take a hike:
- Being outside is safer than being inside. Unless you are under a stay-at-home order, you can still go hiking with your date. Stay 6 feet apart, consider wearing a mask, and cancel it if you don’t feel good. Otherwise, get some much-needed exercise and a radiant conversation!
These are all great first date ideas that you can take part in when you are living under quarantine conditions. Check local laws before dropping off food or exercising together, though!
Married couples are going absolutely crazy right now because they are spending a little too much time with their partner. When you live with someone, you have less leeway when it comes to personal space and annoying actions. If you’re able to set aside some time for a date, here are the ones we recommend you try having.
- Learn something new together:
- A lot of couples get together and then face a period of stagnation. They get too caught up in their lives to try new things. Now that you can’t go out to the bars or sports events, it’s time to settle down and learn something new. Learn to use power tools together, try painting, or do something completely unique!
- Try cooking something new together:
- Married couples are far more likely to fall into old habits than they are to try new things. That can certainly apply to dinners. If you are at the stage where you are throwing together dinners with one another, then you should consider trying something new and complex. Try making a beef wellington or a nice lasagna. Take your time and perfect a recipe with your partner that you can pass on to your family!
- Have an at-home spa day:
- You and your partner don’t have to go to the spa to get the treatment. Set up a nice massage table and take turns helping each other relax. Sit in the tub together for a soak. Exfoliate and listen to calming music. It can help you both feel closer, too!
When you are married, things can get stale, but they don’t have to feel that way. Make sure you spend some time planning dates to keep things fresh!
Long-distance dates can be hard to maintain. They don’t have the memories of physical affection to fall back on. Still, some date ideas are possible when you are in this sort of connection, and you’ll find that they are remarkably similar to online dates.
- Meeting new partners on dating services:
- Many dating sites are seeing an uptick in users, so there are more people that you could potentially date.
- Pick books to read:
- Start a small reading club with your partner to maintain a connection.
- Cook the same meal apart:
- Use the same recipes and talk to each other in the kitchen via phone while you cook!
You can also take virtual tours, watch shows, or exercise while chatting. There are tons of ways to make a long-distance relationship work!
Trying to keep your dates interesting while you are in different stages of a relationship can be tough. It’s even harder when you consider the quarantines that are put in place. However, using the information that we’ve provided, you are more than capable of having some magical time!